This policy covers all users who register to use the IvoryEgg website. It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site, but we may restrict access to certain areas as referred to in Principle 2 below. Access to the IvoryEgg is website free of charge to all users.
The IvoryEgg website is operated by Whistler Technology Limited, a company registered in England (company number 4303494) whose registered office is at Smith Emmerson House, Ash Tree Court, Nottingham NG8 6PY. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services. To protect your privacy, we apply five principles which you can read about below. Please note that you have the right to revoke any consent you give us to use your information at all times. You also have the right to access your personal information (as set out below) and the right to correct erroneous information about you at any time.
Principle 1 - Notice
During our registration process, we will ask for personal information which both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you and process your order. We may also invite you to tell us your interests so that we can make our communications relevant and interesting for you.
To help us prevent fraud, please be aware that we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity. These agencies will supply us with information, including information from the Electoral Register. The fact that we have requested an identity check is recorded by these agencies though be assured that the searches will not be seen, or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit.
We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
- To process your order
- To send updates regarding the status of your orders
- To send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested
- To improve the content, design and layout of the IvoryEgg website and to facilitate knowledge management
- To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users
- To perform other such general marketing and promotional activities focused on our products and services. We may also register you for our other services which we feel may be useful or of interest to you
- Very occasionally, IvoryEgg may share your details with carefully selected third parties. However, if your communication preferences show that you have chosen NOT to receive information from third parties, then of course your details will not be shared.
You can edit your communications preferences at any time by sending us an email to our contact address.
Principle 2 - Consent and Choice
If you choose not to register or not provide personal information, you may still visit the IvoryEgg website but you will not be able to access the restricted areas available to registered users. By completing the registration process, you accept the Terms and Conditions described and consent to our using your information accordingly.
Principle 3 - Access
Principle 4 - Security
We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. IvoryEgg uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including "firewalls" and Secure Socket Layers. IvoryEgg treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company.
We will not be transferring your personal information outside of the European Economic Area unless otherwise specifically advised.
- IvoryEgg.Auth – to authenticate the forms, data and information that is submitted to the server
- IvoryEgg.Customer – the unique id used by IvoryEgg to identify which customer is performing an action
- IvoryEgg.Cookies - to confirm user has actively dismissed EU cookie notice
- RequestVerificationToken – an anti-forgery token to prevent malicious or spoof browsing by third party websites
Principle 5 - Minors
The IvoryEgg website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 12 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Principle 6 - Deletion of your Personal Data
We are unable to delete your IvoryEgg account information containing your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with IvoryEgg via our Customer Services team or our online tools). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes. Please note however, that at any point in time you may opt in or out of marketing communications via the 'your account' section of this website.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions for IvoryEgg relating to privacy, please send them to this address.
Changes to this policy
Need Further Assistance?
Can we assist via email?
If this article didn't help resolve your query, then you may wish to contact an y hor Customer Service representative via our email service support@IvoryEgg.com.